It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Losing a grandparent
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:57 pm 
new user

I lost my grandmother March 24, 2008. She was not only my grandmother but like my mother also as she pretty much raised me. I sometimes feel people don't realize the pain I feel. I wonder if because she was elderly people think it's easier. It's not easy and I miss her so much everyday, she was my rock, my center the one person who loved me unconditionally and wanted only the best for me. I never had much of a relationship with my mother and my grandmother was there for me. I just miss her and I know other people have worse pain, like when they lose a child or partner but I feel much loss too. She was able to live a full and happy life, I guess I want her here for my own selfish reasons. I love you Nana and will never forget you.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Losing a grandparent
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:53 am 
user

Its really heart breaking and I m so sorry for your grandmother. My heart goes out to you. I know the pain of our loved one's death. Its horrible loss for us. I lost my grand father when I 8 years old. I also loved him very much and can't forget him.
You are in same situation. I know its not easy to deal with your grief. Grandparents are very important for us. I pray to God for give you some relief.
My condolences for you.
(((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:50 am 
new user

I understand your pain same situation w/ me I lost my grandma on December 14, 2009 she was also like my mom she helped my mom raise me. I lived w/ her until she got married it was when I was 12 or 13 then mom and me were on our own it was hard then like it is now not having her here to tell my problems to she was my best friend and my hero..greif is a hard thing to deal w/ I catch myself crying alot more than usual..and no it is not being selfish that you want her here, because everyday I wish my gamma did not have to go either...One day hopefully I can see her again someday as so will you and all we can hold onto is the wonderful memories we created w/ them while they were here....like I will sing the song that her and I would sing..A bushel and a peck w/ a hug around the neck..and we would laugh because we added an extra part we would say how about that....The last time I saw her I sung that to her she was in the hospital and she had a big huge smile on her face...that is what I think you could do w/ the pain you feel from her lose remember the good things you two shared...God Bless you and I will be praying fo you...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:51 am 
new user

I understand your pain same situation w/ me I lost my grandma on December 14, 2009 she was also like my mom she helped my mom raise me. I lived w/ her until she got married it was when I was 12 or 13 then mom and me were on our own it was hard then like it is now not having her here to tell my problems to she was my best friend and my hero..greif is a hard thing to deal w/ I catch myself crying alot more than usual..and no it is not being selfish that you want her here, because everyday I wish my gamma did not have to go either...One day hopefully I can see her again someday as so will you and all we can hold onto is the wonderful memories we created w/ them while they were here....like I will sing the song that her and I would sing..A bushel and a peck w/ a hug around the neck..and we would laugh because we added an extra part we would say how about that....The last time I saw her I sung that to her she was in the hospital and she had a big huge smile on her face...that is what I think you could do w/ the pain you feel from her lose remember the good things you two shared...God Bless you and I will be praying fo you...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:11 pm 
new user

My heart goes out to you. I know the pain your going through because I just lost my grandfather on September 30th. Unfortunately I was in the hospital when he passed so the pain is overwhelming. He was more than a grandfather he was a like a dad to me the 29 years I had him. Everyday I talked to him and I would always see him. I would talk to him as though he was a friend my own age. I would even talk to him from vacations, literally not a day passed that I wouldn't talk to him. Its the hardest adjustment trying to get through the days without having that person there that you always turned too. I had the same feelings as you, that it feels as though no one understands how much pain your truly in. I have a pretty large family and I honestly don't think more than half of them comprehend how hurt I am. I'm so mad at the world still and especially most of my relatives. They would see my grandfather only on holidays and parties and that's it and then they expect to turn around and tell me how to feel. It makes me so mad that these were my grandfather's children and yet I was closer and have way more memories than all of them put together. Everyone just doesn't get what I'm feeling. I hope one day I can somewhat go back to the old me but in the mean time the last three months have been overwhelming and heartbreaking.

Offline Profile