It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: How do I help my daughter?
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:34 am 
new user

We lost my husband a little over 3yrs years ago. My oldiest daughter was 3yrs old at the time. I know she is having alot of problems at the moment. A lot more than any 6yr old ever should. I want to help her but don't know how. I've tried everything I know how to and not having much luck. Losing my husband hurts more than words can explain. However the one thing that words worse is seeing her pain an not being able to fix. I would take my pain and her pain x's 10 everyday If I could take her pain away. We all currently go to a group counsling for greivng family's. I'm working on getting her into 1 on 1 counsling her self. Does any one have any suggestions? She is not a happy little girl anymore. :( She is very smart an yet won't apply her self. I just found out she has to repeat the first grade. Her teacher told me she is very smart she is just not interested an refuses to pay attenion. She seems like she is just mad all of the time and a lot of the time trys to take it out on her little sister. Her sister was only 1 at the time so she doesn't even remember her dad. Any way I just want her to be able to be a happy little girl again. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to help her?
Thank You Brooke Ashcraft

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: How do I help my daughter?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:54 pm 
new user

Hi Brooke,
By having her in support groups is the best thing you could have done for her.

I found this on google http://kidsaid.com/adultanswers.html

I could sit here and rattle off suggestions but wish there was more I could do
Have you thought about getting her a pet, like a hamster if not a dog. Better yet, a puppy and let her help take it to puppy obedience. It sounds like she needs something to help bring out the love she has temporary put away.

Does she like to draw or crafts? Why not put her in some kind of art class? Something to help her get her passion for life back.

To me it just sounds like she is angry at the world but mostly at her dad for leaving. And somehow, the door just needs to be opened back up.
I hope some of this helps.
Sending you peace,
Tina

Offline Profile