It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: I miss my momma
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:57 am 
new user

My mom shot herself in June of 08, she battled with mental illness her entire adult life. She tried a few times to end her life-but was unsuccessful until that one desperate night. She actually shot herself twice----I cry when I think of how horrible it must have been for her----the first shot didn't do it---she had the strength to pull that trigger a second time & that just tears my heart out! I tried so hard to be there for her---whenever she called, I was her support system---and I failed her!!! She is gone forever & I miss my momma!! It has been a year and a half & it still kicks my butt! I know that she is not hurting anymore, but that doesn't help me to feel better. I miss my momma!!! (yes, I am a grown woman with a child & grandchild of my own), but that cannot replace my mom! I believe the good Lord brought that beautiful grandbaby into my life, to help me get through this tragedy--and I thank God everyday for that beautiful blessing!! :P She is truly the only thing that has gotten me through the last 2 years! Melani is my joy, everyday!!!

Suicide is hardest on the survivors---if anyone is reading this and suffering a similar loss--
try not to blame yourself---understand that your loved one was hurting, very deeply--we may never understand their pain, they feel it is the only way to fix it. Then they leave us to grieve and suffer through the pain of blaming ourselves or someone who should have stopped them, it doesn't matter--it is done & we cannot change what they did. Dont let anyone blame you, try to be extra supportive to those hurting--support each other. Be strong & God bless!!!!!

Tammy

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: I miss my momma
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:28 am 
new user

Blame will always be part of the grief process, as is hurt, anger and totally overwhelmed as I lost my husband of 34 years to suicide 5 years ago,there are days that are easier than others.

God Bless.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: I miss my momma
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:11 pm 
new user

I lost my Sister in 2004 from suicide and have found many ways to help myself cope. The first thing I did was join a support group. That was the best thing I have ever done. The feelings of knowing those people truly knew how I felt without me even opening my mouth helped me more than I can explain. I suggest it to anyone who recently loses a loved one or who is still having a hard time.
Grief is a process and we all deal with it differently, there is no right or wrong way. But in the same breath, you have to move along the process and not get stuck in one.

Death is hard to deal with, suicide makes that x10. Just know, they finally found peace and if they could have thought about what they were leaving us behind to deal with, they would have stayed.

Sending peace,
Tina

Offline Profile