It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Do you ever get over losing a soulmate ?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:14 am 
new user

I lost my David, my fiancee and my soulmate, on April 14, 2008. I struggle everyday to go on without him. He was my best friend, my teacher, my counselor, my preacher, my rock, my every breath and my every heartbeat. Everyone told me that time would heal my heart. It has not. Despite pastoral counseling, psychological counseling, prayer, and 3 grief groups, I still miss him as badly as I did in the beginning. I don't cry everyday, but I tear up at least once a week. I have stayed busy, exercised, joined new groups, been with friends and family, all the things "they" say to do........still I feel so alone and only half a person.

If soulmates are real, then can you ever feel really whole again once yours has passed away ? I try to adopt the philosophy that if half of me died with him, then half of him must still live within me. Sometimes I feel I am going insane because I talk to him like he is really there -- on a regular basis.

My friends want me to date again. I have no desire. Once you find your soulmate, what lure is there in pursuing another relationship ? No one could compare to the compatiability we had. And to date for companionship sake only seems ingenuious and without purpose. I found my beloved, there is no need to look further.

Does anyone else feel the same or am I just crazy ?

Patti

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Do you ever get over losing a soulmate ?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:38 pm 
new user

I recently lost my soulmate in July 2009. It has been the most horrific experience of my entire life. I am only 22 years old and so everyone expects me to be dating and moving on, but I can't. He made me who I am today and he helped me through a lot. He was there through every major change in my life and has supported me through everything. To answer your question, I think some people do get over losing the one they loved, but others truly did meet their other half, and it's hard to move past knowing you've already met the perfect one because no one else will be.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:08 pm 
new user

Well I am fifty years old and lost my solemate my best friend and lover on jan 14th 2010 and now feel as if I wish I could have died not her she was 48 and her name Michele I blame myself for her death and just wish to die I hope not even the worst person on this earth never has to go though this

Last edited by lost on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:12 pm 
new user

I lost my Justin April 2, 2008, it was a head on collision with an SUV, after he fell asleep at the wheel. he was 19 and i was just barely 16. I thought i'd never move on. I have found such an increadible man now that understands how i feel about Justin, and understands that yes i love Justin but now it has to be in a different way. I still think about Justin. I beleive he is still with me, recently i got a wonderful opertunity to go to germany, he knew i always wanted to go. He's my guardian angel, and i couldnt ask for anyone else to take that job but him.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:42 am 
new user

I just lost my husband of 8 years six weeks ago. His death was tragic and very sudden, I have so many questions to ask and I am pretty sure I will not ever know the answers. His memorial service was held on our anniversary, something I completely (still) cannot fathom. The only "thing" recovered from the accident is his wedding ring, which I now wear on a chain and keep close to my heart.

He is my soulmate, my very best friend and everything imaginable. I feel overwhelming guilt, as I am sure he is the better half of this union and surely I should have been the one to go rather than he.

I have declined grief counseling thus far, I'm just not ready to accept this...not yet. But I do feel the need to be heard & not seen. I do not think I'll ever get over this loss. I can't imagine life without him, my days consist of day and night. There's no between times, there's no life and there's no color. I miss him with every fiber of my being.

We had plans! A life to live, together. I have wondered the same elusive question...do you ever get over having to face each day without your soulmate? I can't see it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:38 pm 
new user

I can understand how u feel dear. I too lost my husbandon 16th oct 2008 , and i too did one of his ceremonies on our 11th wedding anniversary.Its the most painful and terrible thing one can go through. :roll: With every breath i take his name is woven in it.
Yes it is like a bad dream .........and all u wish is .....it ends as soon as possible.
and if u feel he is yr soul mate ...............wait for the day when u will meet again.he is waiting to greet u at the other side.and if u feel u can take to him ..........its true u surely can. I talk to my husband through auto writing , and that had given me peace and the strength to live .
U are not crazy. this is what true love is.
Try writing to his email.thats i do . it does help u more than and treatment or medication.
feel free to contact me .I'm a normal person like u struggling each moment, searching for him.
radha_007raj@rediffmail.com
Take care and be strong .He loved u so much he would never be at peace seeing u in such a state.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:19 pm 
new user

I can relate to you all on this. I lost David on february 28, 2010 to a car acciddent. The worst part of it all is I was driving that car. There was 3 of us in that car that day and I am the only survivor they tell me I am a walking and talking miracle. David and John had both been asleep when the car rolled 2 and 3/4ths times. David had just turned 31 on feb 1. They keep telling me time heals but im still hurting for the man I lost. My whole world revolved around him. Luckily I have found a man I can talk to he wants to be here for me and help me through all this I have some memory loss and thankfully to him he has helped me remember something. Ill always be greatful for the 3 men that hold a special place in my heart. Hopefully everyone is right and time does heal.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:24 pm 
new user

:( I lost my beloved husband almost 5 months ago it was unexpected and quick. Because of being young people say you can move on why do they think you will when you have already had the best in the world. My beloved was my soulmate and my whole world no matter how much people try to comfort you it doesn't change the fact that my beloved isn't here. I cry everyday and everynight and my heart aches a part of me died when he did and that will never go away no matter how much time passes. The only thing that gets me through is knowing we will meet again and I have a cd he made that has his voice on it I play it all the time as well as his voicemail on his phone if I couldn't hear his voice I don' t know what I would do. Fridays are the worst because that was the day he died and our anniversary is coming up soon we would of been married 8 years we though did get to be together 11 years and I wouldn't change a day of any of that life no matter how hard or easy they may have been. I write to him everyday and talk to him everyday and people think I am crazy, if I don't talk to him I would go crazy. Nothing takes away the heart ache. :(
Joseph's Angel

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:15 pm 
new user

I lost Gary who was only 53 on Nov. 15th 2009, he was murdered and we have not gotten the people who did it. He was fishing from the bank of the river and some evil people killed him for $2. and his truck. I do not remember much of 2010, I was in a daze and crying all of the time, I am on depression pills and still can't function. How did my mother get through the lose of my dad, wish I had asked her before she died.
I tell people that every one has to die, that we are not promised a set amount of time.
I also tell people that time heals and things will get better. I tell them to think of the good times and to hold precious memories close.
Now I love the rain,and some of the songs, like If Tomorrow Never Comes, and I Wish It Would Rain.(look them up on you tube)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:27 pm 
new user

I lost my husband in August of 2010 suddenly. He was about to turn 32 yrs old in Sept. We have been together for almost 18 yrs, married for 12 yrs. We have three children ages 11, 6 and 3. It is so hard living without him every single day. I am 35 yrs old and so people tell me that I am young enough to find love again. Well, I feel differently. My husband was my soul mate, high school sweetheart, best friend, love of my life, etc. He was the best father in the world. Now, my kids are the ones who suffer the most because they lost their daddy. He won't be able to see them grow up and that is what hurts me the most. I don't understand why bad things happen to good people. I know that he is in a better place where there is no pain and suffering, but it still breaks my heart every day that he is not with us. I tell my kids that they will, one day, see him again. I have to believe that with all my heart. It is the only way I know how to keep going. I have no desire to date or start over. I have three wonderful children that make me very happy. I don't think you truly will get over losing a soul mate, if that person was in fact your soul mate. My husband will be waiting for us in Heaven and this is what I tell my kids. It hurts me seeing all my siblings and siblings-in-law with their spouses. How am I suppose to go on without mine??? So many questions that I will never get the answers for.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:33 am 
new user

I can relate to ever one here. I lost my Husband of almost 9 years in July 2009. Like others there are so many questions I wish I could have answered. Even though I can somewhat wrap my head around what happened and how he died, I still haven't accepted it. The day of his accident I went into survivor mode, and didn't take a second for myself. I was worrying about our boys and how they were going handle what had just happened. It breaks my heart daily, even to this day because my 6 (who was 4 at the time of the accident) talks about and misses his daddy very much and the baby had just turned 1 10 days before the accident I'm sad for him because he didn't really get the chance to experience what an awesome daddy he had. I think you never really get over losing the person you see your self with for the rest of your life, you just learn to adapt to get through the rest of your life.

I am just now some what accepting that he won't be walking through the door ever again. I have been so strong for so long, but I'm starting to break and I'm finding myself not as strong as I was in the beginning. I'm thankful for the little things though. I had to take my son just the other day to get him glasses, and so many people have commented on how much he looks like his daddy, that is bittersweet, but I'm lucky to have such a wonderful memory. In my case I think I have forgotten how to feel and have just become numb in order to get by, so I don't have to face life raising my wonderful boys alone...... I decided if I talked about the accident then that meant it was real, like ignoring it was going to make it all just go away. It hasn't and I'm more depressed now because of that. I'm hoping one day I will be able to wake up from this terrible nightmare I have been living for the past year and a half.

And words can never replace those feelings.......

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:33 pm 
new user

I feel the same way, I lost Josh last July 26. I believe he was my soulmate. I lost him once before thats when we divorced. I didn't want it but I'm also not one to beg either. He contacted me shortly after my birthday. Telling me how sorry he was. He told me he wanted to come back. I told him I'd take him back with open arms. We spoke for a few days and the last words I told him were I love you and hope you have a good night. The next day he was missing. Then. Later found out that he committed suascide. Its the worst thing I have ever gone through. And I truly believe that he was the one God sent to me. I have tried dating other people. But in the end they weren't the one. Now I just find it pointless to try to be happy. He is all I think about.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:13 pm 
new user

Hi patty

I lost my wife in a freak accident~ a fire in my son's room
Just like that...No good byes, nothing,
Until today my love for her has not changed
We are completely NORMAL..
Since that day, I have moved on....

Yet I can't seem to let go of my lovely wife
I will never let go
She's my one and only love
till I die

just to encourage you
I know how you feel
YOU are not alone and
completely normal

Richard

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:35 am 
new user

Its so nice to see this good information in your post

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:40 am 
new user

Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up. :)

Offline Profile