It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: friendship can last a lifetime...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:37 pm 
new user

I met her in kindergarten...I asked to share her crayons...I didn't know then that a friendship and a sisterhood would be forged that was stronger than blood. I do not remember much from those early years, I just remember she went to one of the other elementry schools after kindergarten. Every year for Christmas the 3 elementry schools would combine to do a performance. Since our last names followed in the alphabet we were usually not too far from each other. That was how we stayed in touch. I looked forward to every Christmas to see what she had been up to. I often forgot her name, but she never forgot mine. It seemed like no time at all I was walking through those Jr. High doors. I was excited and scared of my seventh grade year, until I saw her again. Our friendship picked up right where it left off. We shared classes together, cheerleading, choir (which she hated but did for me) ....We were always together....Over the course of six years we grew up together...Getting our driving permits...celebrating our 16th birthday....cruising the city with her driving and listening to her kick ass speakers ....we shared family outtings...loss...and family trials together....When our senior year came around we werent as close...I only had a couple classes so I could work full time...and she had gotten a new boyfriend...a guy I had encouraged her to go for...We walked down the isle of graduation together..."heathers sis" and "allienas sis" written upon our caps. Like life does...we each took seperate paths after high school...but she called to go on shopping trips...and i always showed up to show her my latest boyfriend or car...

And then she was getting married....I found out in an invitation....and then...I wasnt a bridesmaid...I was hurt...and angry...We had always promised each other we would be in one anothers weddings...I didnt go...I missed the most important day of her life because I was upset...a regret I live with for the rest of my life....

And then I got the call from her husband that she had a horse riding accident...and didnt make it...I completely lost it...I would never get to apologize....I would never get to tell her I loved her...she was gone...and I am left to live the rest of my life without my best friend, my sister...

Its been almost five years and my heart aches for her...I have dreams..like last night...where she is alive and well...I hug her and tell her I love her...and she acts like im a fool...that of course she knows such....and i always wake up too soon....and go back to living my life without her...

She always said she wouldnt live past 21...and she was right...we laid her to rest the day before her 22 birthday....she hadnt even been married a year yet....

I love you heather Ann....I miss our hikes together...I miss your smile...I miss your laugh....My life is darker without you here...and my heart will cry out for you until I meet you at the gates of heaven.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: friendship can last a lifetime...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:24 am 
new user

Friendship is the most precious thing in the world. i have been in love several times. but friendships have lasted longer

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: friendship can last a lifetime...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:24 am 
user

I went through your story and feel myself very sad. Friendship never dies. I pray to The God for keeping her soul in peace. I also pray for your and your family's good health.

Offline Profile