It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Missing my Father
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:06 pm 
new user

I lost my Father July 18, 2007. My Dad and I were very close, I was his only child. I miss him so much. It's seem as time goes by it's gets harder. I thought time would ease my pain, but it only gets harder. I think of him all the time. I can be in the middle of something and I think of him and start crying. I miss talking to him. I miss his laugh, his voice, his jokes he could always make me laugh. I father contracted HIV in 2001 and was also had cancer. I father was an drug user and contracted HIV, in 1993 my father was reborn again and accepted Jesus Christ as his savor. He remarried and adopted three children, who lost their parents due to drugs. My father never told me about having HIV, he was very ashamed and didn't want me knowing this secret. My step-mother told me when I kept asking questions to why he was getting sick. But I didn't have the heart to tell my Dad I knew about his illness. My step-mother didn't tell me how sick my Father was until about a week before he died. My husband and I went to California from Arizona to see him. It was then my step mother told me how sick my dad was. When I walked into the room I never image see my Dad the way I did, I had no clue to how ill he was. When I saw him with tubes and iv in his once strong body I lost it. I ran out of the room, husband followed and I couldn't breathe, I had a panic attack and I could catch my breath. I prayed to God to give me the will to stay strong for my Dad for he would not want to see me crying. My husband held my hand and gave me so many words of encourgement and lead me back into the room. My Dad was able to talk and still joke with us and we visit with him for a couple of days. I had left back home to return to work on Monday and got a phone call from my step-mother that my dad had gotten worse and I needed to return. I got back to LA on Tuesday morning and did not leave my father's side he passed early Wednesday morning, I was alone with my father. I looked into his eyes and told him I love him and kissed him good-bye. The thing that also makes my dad's passing so hard is that my step-mother has change so much we have not talk since my father passed away. I've trying calling her, she changed the phone number. I've written to her asking for pictures of my Dad to put in his webpage, no response. I don't know what else to do...

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Very Sorry
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:41 am 
new user

Hi Susan,
I lost my father too,i miss him so much,i know how hard it is.He passed away 08- 26-1979,but seems like yesterday,i too lost my mother 09-13-2002,and 12-13-2004 i lost my precious daughter Isabella.My life changed,i am not the same and i never will be.God helps me,and i am sure He helps you too.I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs and Prayers

Clores*Luis &Antonieta's daughter and Isabella Carvalho's Mom

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:43 am 
user

Dear Susan and Clores,
I want to invite you to the Loss of parent forum. Like Clores I have also lost a daughter. But losing a parent is a special loss. So, I invite you both to join us there.
Lucy

http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In loving memory of, Laura Dawn 2/26/68-7/19/07, my first born child, my daughter, my friend.
And
In loving memory of, Myron H. (Ozzie) Osborne 8/22/22-3/29/89, My dad, my teacher, my hero.

Megan, Heather, Andrew,( Laura ), Mary, Jim, Russell

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Missing my Father
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:26 am 
user

I m so sorry for heard about your father. I know its difficult time for you and difficult to deal with this grief. Lost of parents is terrible tragedy. I lost my uncle 3years ago and its really hurting me. I miss him so much. Death is really painful tragedy but we can't do anything against God's power. You are in my prayers and my condolences for you..............

condolence message

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Missing my Father
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:30 am 
user

I pray to eternal God to keep his soul in total peace. I feel very sorry for your loss.

Offline Profile