It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: HOW DO I DEAL WITH MY THIRD SISTER PASSING AWAY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:42 am 
new user

I HAVE LOST A SON AND NOW MY THIRD SISTER LOST HER FIGHT WITH AIDS.MY MOTHER WAS A IV DRUG USER AND WHEN SHE HAD MY THREE SISTERS THEY WERE BORN WITH AIDS AND THE LAST OF THE THREE DIED ABOUT A MONTH AGO.MY SON PASSED AWAY IN 1999 AND I STILL HAVE NOT EVEN BEGAN TO WORK ON THAT BUT MY LITTEL SISTER MENT SO MUCH TO ME,WHEN MY MOM DIED I TOOK CARE OF MY SISTER THE OTHER TWO DIED WHEN THEY WERE A COUPLE OF MONTHS OLD NOW I FEEL ALL ALONE.SO HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH THE LOSE OF A SIBLING THAT YOU TOOK CARE OF?IF IT WAS NOT FOR HER I WOULD HAVE DIED ALONG TIME AGO AFTER MY SON DIED BUT SHE HELPED ME AND NOW SHE IS GONE.HELP

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:14 am 
user

I am so sorry to hear about your sisters and your son. This sister is probably like a daughter AND a sister to you isn't she? How old are your step-children? Heidi I am here to listen if you need to talk. Don't hesitate to email me if you need to vent. I'm glad you're here!! (((hugs)))

"Angels may not come when you call them, but they'll always be there when you need them."

Visit my sister-in-law's site:
http://laura-dawn.last-memories.com

In Memory:
Marcye 1999 ~ Mike 2007 ~ Uncle Stan 2007 ~ Elliott 2007 ~ Laura 2007

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: HOW DO I DEAL WITH MY THIRD SISTER PASSING AWAY
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:35 pm 
new user

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. My sister Jamie Marie Vincent,Dec.14,1975-Nov.9,2008, died very suddenly. We really aren't sure what happened. She had cerebral palsy.She never walked or talked. She was also blind,she was completely dependant on us for her every need. I am 37 and was only 4 when she was born,I am who I am because of her. It's difficult to know who you are when you care for someone for so long and they are no longer there. You don't feel "normal". You feel empty,sad,frustated,glad,mad,and the list goes on. I miss her so much,but I don't miss seeing what she went through. She was in pain alot and I often wonder if our fighting to keep her alive all these years was fair to her. What would her choices have been? We had fought many battles together,stayed up many long nights,begging God to heal her. He did heal her,only in a way that we as humans have a difficult time excepting. I know what it's like to care for someone day after day,night after night. Wanting them to never die,but worried every minute of everyday that they will. She was our families"constant",always there for us;knowing how much we needed her. She gave us her all even though she couldn't do anything for herself she did much for us. Just being who she was all that was needed and now we are lost. I know what you are going through. Take your time,minute by minute,day by day. It takes A LONG time,give yourself the time that you need. You're on no one elses schedule,take this time for YOU. You've given of yourself all these years,now take this time for yourself,to heal,to grow,to breath without worry,to dream without fear,to stop and smell the roses. Now is your time to live like your sisters and son would have wanted you to. Get a journal and write down how you are feeling,it really helps. Remember the Lord is there and this is a journey for you to take at your on pace,don't rush. Healing takes time. On day at a time,on breath at a time. Cry when you need to,laugh when you need to,scream when you need to,and even get mad when you need to. And I believe that for both of us, one day we will hurt a little less,but we will never be who we were before they died. We are forever changed. But in their memory we'll be better for having had them in our lives. Hope this helps,God Bless,
Angel
Jamie Marie Vincent(1975-2008) Big Sister Forever

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: HOW DO I DEAL WITH MY THIRD SISTER PASSING AWAY
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:21 am 
new user

you will never be over it. but it will get easier over time. i am so sorry for your loss. i lost my brother in may of 2008. he was only 15. as a person who has lost a sibling i understand the kind of pain u are having. though my brother did not die that way the death of a sibling is very hard. my brother died of a bullet to the head. and i have come to realize that the pain won't go away but over time ur heart will began to mend. and one thing that helps alot is if u hand it over to god

Offline Profile